Re: how to handle non-responsive maintainers?

Hi,

Op do 24 nov 2005 om 09:34:30 +0100 schreef Adriaan Peeters:

> For my ITP (#333680) I need a new version of libglademm [1,2].

Could you add a note why this is needed to Bug #333730?

> Unfortunately the current maintainer seems not very responsive, with
> several of his bugs open for years [3]. We are all volunteers and I do
> understand that he can be occupied, but as I am no DD, I cannot check
> whether is on vacation or if there is more information on him being MIA.
>
> What is the right course of action? Several of his bugs are quite
> trivial to fix, so maybe some help could speed things up considerably.

Did you read "7.4. Dealing with inactive and/or unreachable maintainers"
in the Debian Developer's Reference?

Some ideas: You could sent patches for libglademm to the BTS.  You could
offer to become comaintainer of libglademm.  You could suggest to the
maintainer to post a RFH.

Bye,

Joost