RFC: vrms -- virtual Richard M. Stallman

Dear developers,

I am interested in getting feedback on the packaging of vrms. The vrms
package contains the program vrms which lists the non-free packages
installed in your system.

It was poorly maintained[1] for some time and I would like to get the
ball rolling on this package, as you can notice from the changelogs[2]
and from my actions taken triaging and merging bugs on the BTS etc.

Before adding new features and addressing new problems, I would like to
ask you opinions, coments, criticisms etc regarding the packaging of
vrms.

It currently has an open RC bug[3] that was fixed as soon as I received
the report. Unfortunately, as I am not a Debian Developer, I can't
upload it yet (nor can I upload other packages that I'd like to adopt)
and it seems that the other maintainers (that can upload it) are quite
busy right now.

Anyway, while they can't upload the package to sid and following the
mantra that "given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow", I would like
to ask you for some comments and even style. I'm mostly concerned with
best current practices.

The project is registered in alioth[4] and I can provide source Debian
packages if that is a preferred format for inspection.

Thank you very much for any help, Rogério Brito.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=302504;msg=5
[2] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/v/vrms/vrms_1.10/changelog
[4] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/vrms
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/