Re: [debian-vrms] Re: RFS: Updated packages for vrms (fwd)

Hi, Bdale.

Thank you very much for your response.

On Aug 26 2005, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 02:09 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
>
> Sorry, the message(s) to debian-vrms@lists.gag.com were being held
> since I tend to have the lists here configured to only accept messages
> from subscribers, neither your message nor Joey's reply were from
> subscribed addresses, and I apparently missed the admin notices asking
> me to go approve them.  I just did that.

Ok, no problems with that.

> Stephen and I share access to a CVS repository on one of my systems
> for this and other projects, but access to it doesn't scale well.
> Moving to an alioth project probably makes the most sense, as that's a
> Debian resource and this is a pretty Debian-specific package.

Indeed. I just don't know how I could get an account on alioth, since,
as you all know, I am not a Debian Developer.

> > And, of course, I would love to know what Bdale and Stephen have
> > learned on the problem (Bdale mentioned that they now know of better
> > ways of accomplishing some goals).
>
> Stephen has his head down right now trying to finish up the firmware for
> an AMSAT project we are collaborating on that is pretty orthogonal to
> Debian.

Ok, no problems.

> While we both care about vrms, I think I'm speaking for both of us
> when I say we don't want to stand in the way of progress.  Looks like
> we've been doing that pretty effectively through neglect, however...

Well, I would indeed like to address some of the bugs filed on the BTS
and then rewrite some portions of the code. I am interested, though, in
what you said that you learned about proper interfaces, since I want to
do the things The Right Way (tm).

Thanks for your comments (and for Joey's kind upload), Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/