Re: [debian-vrms] Re: RFS: Updated packages for vrms (fwd)

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 02:09 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Aug 24 2005, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Rogério Brito wrote:
> > > I tried to send the message attached two times already, but it seems
> > > that it hasn't reached the list.

Sorry, the message(s) to debian-vrms@lists.gag.com were being held since
I tend to have the lists here configured to only accept messages from
subscribers, neither your message nor Joey's reply were from subscribed
addresses, and I apparently missed the admin notices asking me to go
approve them.  I just did that.

> What exactly should I do? I would like to host this somewhere where
> others could have access to a svn repository. I think that I can
> register a new project on BerliOS, but suggestions are welcome.

Stephen and I share access to a CVS repository on one of my systems for
this and other projects, but access to it doesn't scale well.  Moving to
an alioth project probably makes the most sense, as that's a Debian
resource and this is a pretty Debian-specific package.

> And, of course, I would love to know what Bdale and Stephen have learned
> on the problem (Bdale mentioned that they now know of better ways of
> accomplishing some goals).

Stephen has his head down right now trying to finish up the firmware for
an AMSAT project we are collaborating on that is pretty orthogonal to
Debian.  While we both care about vrms, I think I'm speaking for both of
us when I say we don't want to stand in the way of progress.  Looks like
we've been doing that pretty effectively through neglect, however...

Thanks for your work on the package, Rogério, and thanks for sponsoring
the upload, Joey.

Bdale