Re: RFS: Updated packages for vrms (fwd)

On Aug 24 2005, Joey Hess wrote:
> Rogério Brito wrote:
> > I tried to send the message attached two times already, but it seems
> > that it hasn't reached the list.
> >
> > Anyway, if anybody could help, I'd be grateful.
>
> I've been following that bug and had been expecting some activity to
> occur on the vrms mailing list since they redirected you there. Since
> nothing has happened, I will go ahead and sponsor this upload.

Thank you *so* very much, Joey! You're my hero! :-)

I've included the vrms list on the list of recipients of this message.

Think that now that the package has been kindly uploaded, I may work on
cleaning the source (modularizing it etc) and, then, creating new
features like listing also packages from contrib that the use may have
installed etc.

What exactly should I do? I would like to host this somewhere where
others could have access to a svn repository. I think that I can
register a new project on BerliOS, but suggestions are welcome.

And, of course, I would love to know what Bdale and Stephen have learned
on the problem (Bdale mentioned that they now know of better ways of
accomplishing some goals).

Well, that's it. Thank you very much for your upload.  I think that now
that the package is uploaded, we can work together and improve it (as it
may be evident from my other posts, I like packages like vrms,
deborphan, debfoster, cruft etc -- that help the administrator to keep
systems minimal).

Thanks again, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/