Re: RFS: ITP: crystalcursors -- X11 mouse theme with the crystal

Op wo, 17-08-2005 te 17:20 -0400, schreef Justin Pryzby:
> > > Ok, I've changed the target to /usr/lib/X11. But now instead of 1 warning
> > > per cursor i get 2 errors per cursor:
> > >
> > > E: crystalcursors: package-installs-file-to-usr-something-x11
> > > usr/lib/X11/icons/crystalwhiteleft/cursors/plus
> > > E: crystalcursors: use-of-compat-symlink
> > > usr/lib/X11/icons/crystalwhiteleft/cursors/plus
> > This is because /usr/lib/X11 is a symlink to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11, so you
> > should not install in /usr/lib/X11, but just install
> > in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 as you did previously.
> Really?  Sorry, then.
>
> File a bug on lintian, too, if you can understand whats happening
> (because for the moment I'm lost).
Well, you are installing into a directory (/usr/lib/X11) which is
actually a symlink to another directory (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11), and
lintian complains (I guess because this can cause problems with dpkg or
if the symlink was removed somehow).

Effectively you are installing into the same directory as before, so you
might as well install the cursors in usr/X11R6/lib/X11/.
You will of course receive the lintian warning again - but that is
better than an error ;)

To get rid of this warning you should investigate if you can install the
cursors in another directory which is NOT a subdirectory of usr/X11R6 or
usr/lib/X11. You might want to look at gtk2-engines-industrial which
install it cursors in a subdirectory of usr/share/icons.

I hope this helps,

Greetings Arjan