Re: RFS: ITP: crystalcursors -- X11 mouse theme with the crystal

http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tpackages-installs-file-to-usr-x11r6.html
> | packages-installs-file-to-usr-x11r6
> |   Packages using the X Window System should not be configured to install
> |   files under the /usr/X11R6/ directory unless they use imake. The
> |   /usr/X11R6/ directory hierarchy should be regarded as deprecated for
> |   all packages except the X Window System itself.
>
> |   Programs that use GNU autoconf and automake are usually easily
> |   configured at compile time to use /usr/ instead of /usr/X11R6/, and
> |   this should be done whenever possible.
>
> |   Refer to Policy Manual, section 11.8.7 for details.
>
> Could you test and see if it works if you use /usr/ instead?
>
> I'm no X11 expert, but I tend to believe that lintian/policy know what
> they're doing.

I think in this special case this warning can be ignored, since all other
mousecursors on my system are installed in the very same dir. BTW I've seen
that other packages [1] which provide cursors have this warning too.

Kind regards

Bastian

[1] lintian report for gtk-industrial-engine:
http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mJosselin_Mouette.html#gtk-industrial-engine