Re: RFS: auctiongallery -- Generates picture galleries and HTML templates for auction descriptions

On 13/08/05, Stan Vasilyev <stan.vasilyev@csun.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the comments. I already know how to use debuilder for C++
> programs that install via ./configure, make and install. But my program
> is a simple script and it doesn't have any of that. I will try to figure
> out how to package it the Debian way.
>
> 1. The command line options should be a piece of cake.
> 2. I had that idea but I couldn't figure out how to do that. The
> "source" thing looks promising.
> 3 and 4. I will look into removing Bash dependency

In your debian/rules file instead of calling 'make install' you can do iirc:
cp script1 $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin/script1
cp script2 $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin/script2
cp docs/* $(DESTDIR)/usr/share/doc

For clean IIRC it'd just be "rm -rdf(or whatever suits you best) $(DESTDIR)"

I know for a package I maintain (ipkungfu) my rules file just runs a
simple script to copy everything in place, and another to use for the
clean method.