sysinfo upstream tarball problems

Hello,

I am packaging sysinfo (#333680) and I have some problems with the
upstream tarball.

Upstream contains (limited list):
config.log
config.status
several .Po files

This is all cleaned up in the upstream distclean (which is called from
debian/rules clean), but Lintian complains about it anyway:

W: sysinfo source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log

How can I resolve this without an override?

Furthermore I had to rerun automake because the original Makefile
installed extra doc files under /usr/doc/sysinfo. Is this the correct
solution or should I remove the files after running upstream make?

I know most of this should be handled upstream, but for now I will have
to provide a solution as a patch. So I would really appreciate some
advice.

The package and source files are available here:
http://dev.lashout.net/debian/sysinfo*

Thanks a lot in advance,
Adriaan Peeters