Re: first steps (pcfitsio, pyraf and iraf)

Cedric BRINER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working as a sysadmin at the Geneva Observatory and we do need
> some softwares which are not provided by the debian distribution. So
> I thought that it will be a good idea to do this job well once and to
> give this back to the debian community.
>
> the software that I'm willing to package are: pcfitsio, pyraf, iraf

IIRC, Justin Pryzby (justinpryzby at users.sourceforge.net) has made
unofficial packages of at least IRAF.  There have been some possible
copyright issues with the package.  You should probably coordinate work
on packaging IRAF with him, especially since he owns the open ITP:

http://bugs.debian.org/244711