Re: Sponsors and the Uploaders field (was: RFS: dict-freedict ...)

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 01:40:03AM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Matthew Palmer in <20051002002702.GC22513@hezmatt.org>
> > The primary reason I've seen expressed for desire to be added to the
> > Uploaders field is so that the sponsor can get a quick summary of a
> > sponsored package's state from the excellent developer.php script on
> > qa.debian.org.  I've noticed that being able to do a "subscription" in
> > developer.php is a requested feature, but I can't see a way to do that yet.
>
> I'm working on it. Jeroen committed a first patch on Sunday, which
> makes the internal backend data more handy. There is no nice interface
> yet, but you can already put
>
> 	&packages=bla+foo+bar

Whoa... mondo cool.

I'd be inclined to perhaps have a separate page (or at least a well separate
mode) that allowed someone to add packages to their "list" (like a "add new
package:" box at the top) and then they can bookmark that particular page.
Alternately, if there's persistent storage behind the page, a similar thing
but without the need to bookmark would be handy.

Very, very cool feature already though. I like having the collection of
packages in a separate table too... keeps things clean.

- Matt