Re: Sponsors and the Uploaders field (was: RFS: dict-freedict ...)

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 06:03:10PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Thaddeus H. Black in <20050930153415.GA1431@b-tk.org>
> > Pierre Machard wrote:
> > > Do not worry if I set my name as uploader, so that it's easy for me to
> > > track packages I am sponsoring.
>
> The PTS does perfectly suit this, and you can even subscribe to a
> package before it is in the archive. There is no need to add yourself
> to Uploaders unless you really want to co-maintain the package.

The primary reason I've seen expressed for desire to be added to the
Uploaders field is so that the sponsor can get a quick summary of a
sponsored package's state from the excellent developer.php script on
qa.debian.org.  I've noticed that being able to do a "subscription" in
developer.php is a requested feature, but I can't see a way to do that yet.

- Matt