Re: RFS: istanbul - Desktop session recorder (ITP: #316503)

Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> scrisse:

> Very good. Just some thoughts:

> - The revision number 0.1.1-0.1 looks like an NMU revision.
>   You probably don't mean that.
> - please close the #316503 in your debian/changelog

As I've already written in my previuos message, I used -0.1 because
that is a not (yet) official package. Your fixes (and others as well)
will be in -0.2 soon, for another revision here.
-1 will be the revision for first sid upload.
I'm going to close my ITP in -1.
Please read also [1]...

> - "Not yet official Debian package." is nothing that has
>   really changed, is it? :)

It is the original status of this package, like "Initial release".
I'm going to put something like:
"First official upload in debian (Closes: #316503)"
in -1 revision...
Is fine in this way?

> - Great that you provide a menu file. Please consider using a
>   .desktop file too/instead.
>   (http://freedesktop.org/Standards/desktop-entry-spec)

I think it is already provided within my package...
Isn't "/usr/share/applications/istanbul.desktop" what are you looking
for?

> - The README.Debian doesn't look very helpful for the end-user.

Maint. Guide says: "Any extra details or discrepancies between the
original package and your debianized version should be documented here."
Isn't this the case (an extra manpage taken from another distro)?
Should I really remove it?

> Regards
>  Christoph

Cheers, Luca

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/06/msg00050.html

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | luca.br(AT)uno.it