Re: RFS: istanbul - Desktop session recorder (ITP: #316503)

Nicolas Weyland wrote:

In the maintainer guide it's written that you have to write
differences between the normal and the debian version. But if
there are important things whiche aren't in the upstream's
Readme, can I add them there or will my package be rejected?

In general, you should just be bold, and not worry about rejections. They are often fairly easy to fix.

Basicly if policy or the guide fails to say that you cannot do something, then you can. If it is a problem somebody will say so, and will often suggest a better way.
This in turn can help you identify future issues.

In the case of README.Debian, you should have any debian specific comments. If you have more, that is great. Perhaps you should send these additional comments upstream so that they have a chance to add them to their Readme.