Re: RFS: ktorrent - KDE Bittorrent client

Joel Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, September 22, 2005 10:38 am, Ben Hutchings wrote:
<snip>
> > A new rule was added to dpkg version comparisons a while ago to
> > support this case.  A "~" compares as less than anything else, even the
> > empty string, so "1.1~rc1" is greater than "1.0" and less than "1.1".
> > This rule is present in the sarge version of dpkg so is OK to
> > use in later distributions, so far as I know.
> >
> > Ben.
>
> Perfect, that is inded what I was after. I had remembered something being
> less of a hack than +, but couldn't remember what. From this thread
> (http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/06/msg01482.html) I presume
> that support has also been added into DAK, apt and everything needed for
> auto-building?

apt appears to be OK, as is the latest version of DAK.  However, ftp-
master is running an older version of DAK.  I asked Joerg Jaspert
whether it supported ~ version numbers yet and he said "no, wait for
the announcement".  So there you have it.

--
Ben Hutchings
Always try to do things in chronological order;