Re: RFS aldo - A morse code trainer

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 06:06:15PM +0200, Giuseppe Martino wrote:

> Thank you Joost, with your suggetsion I revised all autotools support,
> also I changed the foolish directory tree in a more simple directory tree.
> So I rewrited Makefile.am and fixed autotools support. I released aldo-0.6.11.
> And now aldo-0.6.11.tar.bz2 and aldo-0.6.11.tar.gz are builded with make distcheck.

Cool.

<snip>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 12:32:36AM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > NB, how does aldo compare to the other morse programs (apt-cache
> > search morse) in Debian?
>
> In Debian there are two morse code trainer:
>
> unixcw - Shared library for Morse programs
> pileup - Morse code pileup trainer for SB compatible soundcards
<snip>
> Aldo vs. pileup
<snip>

It'd be nice if you could convert this information to an extra line
in your package description; something like:

 If you want foo, you're probably better off using package bar.
 If however you'd like fubar, use this package.

The idea is that your package description helps people to decide wether
they should install your package.

Bye,

Joost