Re: RFS aldo - A morse code trainer

Hi, Giuseppe...

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 08:22:04PM +0200, Giuseppe Martino wrote:
> Hello, I am the project administrator and developer of the Aldo
> project at savannah.nongnu.org:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aldo
> [...]
> The Homepage for the project is: http://aldo.nongnu.org
> Source package on: http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/aldo/aldo-0.6.8.tar.bz2
>
> I have actually already read the New Maintainers Guide, and I have built
> a Debian package for Aldo.

Very good!

> You can find it on: http://dakordhost.homelinux.org/~denever/aldo_debian
>
> I have tested it. However, I am very inexperienced at making
> packages and I would be greatful to hear any suggestions a sponsor would
> have.  Obviously, I need a sponsor to actually upload the package but I
> definitely could use some "mentoring" for the packaging process as a whole.

You are likely to find someone here who will be sponsoring your package.
Allow me just express a few thoughts on your debianization:

- the debian/rules file contains debhelper calls that are commented
  out and be safely be removed
- there are also debhelper calls that you don't need (like
	(dh_installexamples or dh_link). You may want to read what each
	debhelper script basically does (there are good manpages for each
	one).

But what's more important. The build failed here:

# Add here commands to configure the package.
CFLAGS="-Wall -O2 -Wl,-z,defs" ./configure --host=i486-linux-gnu
--build=i486-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man
--infodir=\${prefix}/share/info
configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in config
./config
make: *** [config.status] Error 1

Could you take a look at that? If it works on your development system
please try it through "pbuilder".

Regards
 Christoph
--