Re: RFS: Conky - A lightweight, highly configurable system monitor based on Torsmo

Hi everyone... should I continue replying to debian-mentors, or just Laszlo? And do I wait for further instructions/advice from Laszlo, or is there something I should be doing right now? Never done this before, so I am unsure of the whole process. Thanks!

Jason

On 9/1/05, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 07:52:49PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 04:13:41PM +0200, Sven Mueller wrote:
> > Jason Tan wrote on 01/09/2005 08:22:
> > > We're on the BSD license only because torsmo, conky's predecessor, was
> > > BSD. When we do Conky 2.x, which will be a complete rewrite almost from
> > > scratch, it will be GPL 2. Let me know if you need any more information
> > > or fixes or whatnot, and I'll try to take care of them soon. Thanks.

> > BSD license is perfectly OK to go into main. Packages like lilo, mailx,
> > mount, netpbm use it, too.

> For future ref for anyone:

> Yup, it's the BSD 3 clause licence, which is fine.
> The 4 clause isn't, as it has teh 'advertising' clause in it.

Uh, no, 4 clause BSD *is* allowed in main.

--
Steve Langasek                   Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer                   to set it on, and I can move the world.