Re: RFS: kde-icons-nuvola -- popular icon theme for kde
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 08:01:59PM +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Hmmm could you please give me a hint how to use this? My steps are the
> 1) unpack tarball
> 2) rename dir if not compatible with debian's naming convention
No need to do that. Just enter the directory - no matter what it's
> 3) run dh_make
> 4) adjust all the files in debian/
> 5) run debuild
I use pbuilder to make sure the dependencies are correct and I'm
building in a clean environment. But debuild is generally okay.
> 6) upload
> where can I improve my practice?
You are doing well. Really. :) Just some suggestions...
- Remove the empty "Builds:" line
- The "debhelper" dependency can go into "Build-Depends-Indep:"
since your package is architecture-independent
- Typo. Beautifull -> Beautiful
- "Description:..." "popular" is a bit generic :) What about:
Description: Nuvola icon theme for KDE3
- please use the exact URL where you downloaded the upstream tarball
- "This library is free software"... library?
- "On debian machines"... isn't this Debian? :)
- is "thanks.to" useful?
- the "readme.txt" contains a redundant copyright and not much more
useful information IMHO. What do you think?
- "author" can surely be omitted
- you need a "binary-arch" target (see
Don't be frustrated by the amount of comments. Those are mainly minor
issues. Thanks for your contribution already. I believe you'll quickly
find a sponsor once this is fixed.
".signature" [Modified] 3 lines --100%-- 3,41 All