Re: RFS: kde-icons-nuvola -- popular icon theme for kde

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 08:01:59PM +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Hmmm could you please give me a hint how to use this? My steps are the
> following:
>
> 1) unpack tarball
> 2) rename dir if not compatible with debian's naming convention

No need to do that. Just enter the directory - no matter what it's
called.

> 3) run dh_make
> 4) adjust all the files in debian/
> 5) run debuild

I use pbuilder to make sure the dependencies are correct and I'm
building in a clean environment. But debuild is generally okay.

> 6) upload

Perfect.

> where can I improve my practice?

You are doing well. Really. :) Just some suggestions...

debian/control:
- Remove the empty "Builds:" line
- The "debhelper" dependency can go into "Build-Depends-Indep:"
  since your package is architecture-independent
- Typo. Beautifull -> Beautiful

debian/copyright:
- please use the exact URL where you downloaded the upstream tarball
  (http://www.icon-king.com/files/nuvola-1.0.tar.gz)
- "This library is free software"... library?
- "On debian machines"... isn't this Debian? :)

debian/docs:
- is "thanks.to" useful?
- the "readme.txt" contains a redundant copyright and not much more
  useful information IMHO. What do you think?
- "author" can surely be omitted

debian/rules:
- you need a "binary-arch" target (see
  http://www.de.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules)

Don't be frustrated by the amount of comments. Those are mainly minor
issues. Thanks for your contribution already. I believe you'll quickly
find a sponsor once this is fixed.

Regards
 Christoph
--