Re: pbuilder -- chroot and build-dependencies.

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:17:01PM +0300, Alexander A. Vlasov wrote:

>> Inside an unpacked source tree;
>> I call ~/bin/mydebuild, which is simple shell script:
>> #!/bin/sh
>> pdebuild --configfile ~/.pbuilderrc \
>>         --buildsourceroot fakeroot \
>>         --pbuilderroot sudo \
>>         $*
>>
>> I noticed this problem some time ago, but since it can be solved in most
>> cases by just installing one packages, I just ignored it. But now it
>> required ocaml...

> So instead, go up one dir, do "dpkg-source -b mldonkey-2.5.28" to build the
> .dsc without running clean, and then run "pbuilder mldonkey_2.5.28-2.dsc"

Even better would be to fix the package to not require that heavy-weight
of another package be installed just to run the clean rule, although I
know that isn't always as easy as it sounds.  But it's nice to be able to
use pdebuild without having the build dependencies installed outside the
chroot.