Re: pbuilder -- chroot and build-dependencies.

"Alexander A. Vlasov" <zulu@galaradio.com> wrote:

> В Чтв, 01/09/2005 в 16:50 +0200, Frank Küster пишет:
>> "Alexander A. Vlasov" <zulu@galaradio.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I have to build a lot of packages for personal use by myself and I
>> > expirienced a very strange problem with pbuilder:
>> >
>> > Some packages requires some unusual things to build, for example, dpatch
>> > or ocaml. Those tools are included in build-dep in control file, but
>> > actually pbuilder does some stuff _before_ chrooting, so building fails
>> > before installing those dependencies into chroot.
>>
>> I think this is a bug - either in the package, or (more likely) in
>> pbuilder.  Or your pbuilder setup is incorrect, but then it would
>> probably happen with every package.
>>
>> What problems exactly do you have with which packages?
>
> Ok, quick example:
> building mldonkey-2.5.28
>
> <skipped>
> /usr/bin/make -f Makefile.options clean
[...]
> As you can see, make clean requires ocaml. But pbuilder invokes `make
> clean' before doing chroot (even before unpacking chroot)

The question is how you call pbuilder.  I always call it on dsc files,
and then it just unpacks the chroot and builds the package.  You
probably use debuild - well, then you're on your own.  If you unpack a
source package on your system and want to execute targets from debian,
you should have the build-deps installed (Build-Dep-Indep actually for
clean).

Why don't you just use the dsc file?

Regards, Frank
--