Re: pbuilder -- chroot and build-dependencies.

В Чтв, 01/09/2005 в 16:50 +0200, Frank Küster пишет:
> "Alexander A. Vlasov" <zulu@galaradio.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have to build a lot of packages for personal use by myself and I
> > expirienced a very strange problem with pbuilder:
> >
> > Some packages requires some unusual things to build, for example, dpatch
> > or ocaml. Those tools are included in build-dep in control file, but
> > actually pbuilder does some stuff _before_ chrooting, so building fails
> > before installing those dependencies into chroot.
>
> I think this is a bug - either in the package, or (more likely) in
> pbuilder.  Or your pbuilder setup is incorrect, but then it would
> probably happen with every package.
>
> What problems exactly do you have with which packages?

Ok, quick example:
building mldonkey-2.5.28

<skipped>
/usr/bin/make -f Makefile.options clean
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/zulu/src/mldonkey-2.5.28/debian/utils'
Makefile.options:185: .depend.options: No such file or directory
ocamlyacc parse_options.mly
make[2]: ocamlyacc: Command not found
make[2]: *** [parse_options.ml] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/zulu/src/mldonkey-2.5.28/debian/utils'
make[1]: *** [clean] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zulu/src/mldonkey-2.5.28/debian/utils'
make: *** [clean] Error 2

As you can see, make clean requires ocaml. But pbuilder invokes `make
clean' before doing chroot (even before unpacking chroot)

--
Best regards,
Alexander A. Vlasov.