Re: volunteer for orphaned package cantus, searching sponsor

Maximilian Mehnert wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I would like to volunteer to continue packaging cantus.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if you can spare the time to parent me.
>
> I will start working on this as soon as I have someone to talk to ;-)

You might want to take a look at what happened to cantus3[1] and Igor
Stroh's opinions on cantus.  It seems that upstream is unresponsive and
according to it's homepage[2], the project, or at the very least cantus,
seems to be dead.  If you were to take this on, you should really work
something out with upstream, possibly at the gna.org[3] repository, to
fix the package and get it up to date.

Chris Sacca

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/05/msg00981.html
[2] http://www.debain.org/software/cantus/