Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 07:54:22PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 10:51:47AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > We're currently hammering something out on the debian-webapps mailing
> > > list.

> > Why in God's name are you doing that?  The charter for debian-webapps is web
> > *application* packages, not "packages implemented in PHP or providing PHP
> > bindings that may or may not be used by web application packages".

> I think it's because the list originally came from Bug #264069 [0]
> ie: a suggestion for a php specific mailing list.
> Probably also because there isn't any other place where it seems to be
> happening.

> I'm also not really sure where else it could belong.

Uh, debian-devel would be the appropriate list for open development-related
discussions that don't otherwise have an associated list.

> >AFAIK, none of the comaintainers of the actual PHP packages
> > are subscribed to that list.

> However, the author and maintainer of dh-make-php [1] is :)

That's all well and good, but a policy that doesn't have the backing of the
maintainers of the engine that has to support it doesn't seem like it would
be particularly useful.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer