Re: volunteer for orphaned package cantus, searching sponsor

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:34:19PM +0200, Maximilian Mehnert wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I would like to volunteer to continue packaging cantus.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if you can spare the time to parent me.
>
> I will start working on this as soon as I have someone to talk to ;-)

In Debian, it rather works the other way around -- the person
interested in maintaining, should take the initiative, research how
packaging works, make a new updated package, and find a sponsor for
upload.

See http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

If you really want to follow throught, don't forget to notify the bug
report too, so the people can easily lookup the status.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl