Re: where to put object file

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 23:39 +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:

> John, couldn't you just use an ar archive?

At the moment there are three drivers:

all of which provide the symbol 'main' .. so I don't see
how to put them all in an archive.

> Otherwise I would say it
> should probably be installed in /usr/lib/felix and explicitly linked to
> the resulting binary anyhow?

That is indeed possible, and what I used to do before
Debian packaging.  However, I observe gcc puts its driver
objects in /usr/lib et al on my box: in any case the
file is going in one place but being looked for
in the other .. and that just doesn't work :)

John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>