Re: where to put object file

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 22:25 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> Don't forget that Debian is on so many different platforms, compiling the
> main.o on one platform is simply not going to work on others.

Oh well, did I misunderstand everything here? I thought main.o is an
object file which goes indeed into the binary package, but is compiled
separately for each architecture and it provides only a main function
for standalone felix programs.

John, couldn't you just use an ar archive? Otherwise I would say it
should probably be installed in /usr/lib/felix and explicitly linked to
the resulting binary anyhow?

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern