Re: A question regarding unofficial packages (for Xen)

On 7/13/05, Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> wrote:

>  That's really nice.  You'll find some of the information on
>  <http://www.debian.org/devel/> more useful than the policy itself.
>
>  I've read that better integration in make-kpkg was on the TODO, but
>  make-kpkg on Xen sources worked for me, so I suppose this is already
>  solved.
>
>  FYI, Edward Despard seems to be working on Xen packages for Ubuntu
>  during Google's SoC program:
>  http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2005-July/thread.html#8551
>  http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyBounties
>
>  I suggest you get in touch with him before duplicating work.

Thanks for the links and comments - I'll take a look.

make-kpkg has been working for several people I know of, so I guess
that issue has been solved.

I've been delaying trying to reach Edward (or Clarkson in general)
about their efforts until I had some further word about the official
packages, but since I've started asking about, I'll try to reach him,
too.

Thanks again,
Yvette