Re: makefiles

Andreas Fester wrote:

Another good manual regarding autoconf and automake
(that is, makefiles.am and makefiles.in) is

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/

It is also in english though....

Best Regards,

    Andreas

The above autobook contains information about very old tools. Though the concepts might remain same, I have difficulty reading it. Every time I try something and if it does not work, I keep wondering whether it is due to the new version or whether it is my mistake?

Is there any upto date version of it? If not, then IMHO it is not that useful for a newbie.

raju