Re: uploading packages built on an amd64 box inside ia32 chroot

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 04:58:15PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> The machine I used to create debian packages ceased to work last week.
> The only machine I have ATM to do debian work is an amd64 box with the
> "unofficial" port of debian. I've set up an ia32 chroot in which I set
> up an i386 debian unstable.
>
> Are there any problem in uploading packages built inside that chroot?
>
> The only strange thing I notice on binaries built there is that ldd
> reports a dynamic dependency on "linux-gate.so.1" which is not there for
> binaries build elsewhere.

So, you are worried.
Worried about not being i386 enough.

I say:   Screw i386 !

If you have a non ia32 system, then show that and be proud of it.

Do an upload with the architecture that you prefer
and don't spent time on being someone else.

> Thanks in advance to all mentors.
> Cheers.

Cheers
Geert Stappers