Re: makefiles

On 7/7/05, PY LUYTEN <pyluyten@free.fr> wrote:
> i try to learn a bit as it seems i am not ready to develop any package.
> I tryed the maintener guide but need more docs about makefiles,
> makefiles.am and makefiles.in and could not find it - "man" being not
> enough for me.
> Did i miss a good doc (especially in french) ?

For complete reference into GNU Make, you should have a look at the
GNU Make manual [1]. These Makefile.am and Makefile.in are part of the
autotools. autotut [2] is a nice tutorial into using them.

Sorry, I'm not aware of french translations, though.

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html
[2] http://seul.org/docs/autotut/

--
regards,