uploading packages built on an amd64 box inside ia32 chroot

The machine I used to create debian packages ceased to work last week.
The only machine I have ATM to do debian work is an amd64 box with the
"unofficial" port of debian. I've set up an ia32 chroot in which I set
up an i386 debian unstable.

Are there any problem in uploading packages built inside that chroot?

The only strange thing I notice on binaries built there is that ldd
reports a dynamic dependency on "linux-gate.so.1" which is not there for
binaries build elsewhere.

Thanks in advance to all mentors.
Cheers.