Re: uploading packages built on an amd64 box inside ia32 chroot

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Are there any problem in uploading packages built inside that chroot?

It should be fine.  In fact that is a recommended practice.  It
prevents flavor from the developer's machine leaking into the build.
The 'pbuilder' package is very nice for managing these types of
chroots.  If this is the first time you have been through this then
you are doing good by looking at things closely.  But things look
normal to me when I build in a 32-bit chroot.

> The only strange thing I notice on binaries built there is that ldd
> reports a dynamic dependency on "linux-gate.so.1" which is not there for
> binaries build elsewhere.

Interesting I don't see that on my amd64 machine building in a sarge
chroot.  But I don't have an updated sid chroot at the moment and am
too lazy to wait for it to build so this may have been introduced post
sarge.  But I have heard from others on the lists that the linux-gate
is a virtual library provided by the linux 2.6 kernel.  I don't know
if that is accurate.  And that is about all I know.

Bob