Re: Where should I upload my public key?

Nigel Jones wrote:
> On 26/05/05, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>>To do uploads, you need your public GPG key signed by a Debian Developer
>>>in the Debian keyring. This means for you to be a Debian Developer
>>>yourself, having passed the NM procedure with all its tests and so on.
>>
>>Having your key signed by a DD is not a requirement; the requirement is only
>>that you be a DD.  Having your key signed by a DD is a *normal* part of
>>becoming a DD, but not a *required* part.
>

> Hmmm everywhere I have read over the past few days has implied that
> "Your GPG key MUST be signed by a current DD" which actually puts me
> off ever considering to become a DD, just maintaining one or two
> 'sponsored' packages.
>
> But keeping in beat with the topic, where should a person that is
> going to maintain a package submit his/her key?  So far I submitted it
> to keyserver.net (I don't think the debian project relies on that one
> though).

subkeys.pgp.net is a rotating DNS entry that rotates through a
number of robust, reliable keyservers that all sync with each other.
 It is widely seen as the keyserver(s) of choice.

Each of the key servers also has a web interface, for example:
http://pgp.surfnet.nl:11371/

If you need to get your key signed, check out:
http://nm.debian.org/gpg_offer.php (debian only)
http://www.biglumber.com/ (general keysigning)

There is a channel #gnupg on freenode, where we're usually more than
happy to help you check that we can see your key on the keyservers
and that everything is hunky-dory.  We can also answer any questions
you have about what to take to keysignings etc.

You may need to idle for a while before getting answers, however.
[Also note that this is not a debian channel, so we can't
necessarily help with debian-specific questions].

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates        stuart.yeates@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk