Re: debian architectures

I demand that Mauro Darida may or may not have written...

> On Saturday 21 May 2005 16:21, Darren Salt wrote:
> > Hmm...  "arm      PDA (Sharp Zaurus), Acorn Archimedes"

(What are those hard spaces doing there? I didn't put them there...)

>> For the Archimedes, that'd be arm26.
> Thank you for your feedback. Could you please elaborate more?

> I was talking about debian architectures for Sarge, and I don't know any
> "arm26"  architecture. Am I correct?

Yes, which is why it's wrong to refer to the older Acorn ARM-based machines -
it may give the impression that they're supported.

In .../dists/sarge/main/installer-arm/current/images/ (see your local
mirror), there are directories "riscpc" and "riscstation", below each
of which is one kernel. While the RiscStation kernel should work on any
RiscStation machine (memory says that they all use the ARM7500FE), I can't
say the same for the Risc PC kernel - is it built for ARM610, ARM700/ARM710
or SA110? (I'd guess SA110.)

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt   | linux (or ds) at | nr. Ashington,
| sarge,        | youmustbejoking  | Northumberland
| RISC OS       | demon co uk      | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.linux.html>

"Great on toast, scones and arteries."