latex2html makes twice table captions

hello,
trying to make an html from a latex source for my package. When I type:
latex2html foo.tex
it produces an html code which has double captions for each table. I do not
know if:
1. it is a latex2html fault
2. it is a bad rendered page by my browser (konqueror)
What do you think? It happens with _every_ table.
I have read the whole latex2html manual twice without finding an answer.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.