Re: Stupid shebang tricks

On 11-May-2005, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> > That would be a downside (and kills it for the primary use I had in
> > mind, '#!/usr/bin/env perl -w').
>
> Of course "#!/usr/bin/env perl\nuse warnings;" is equivilant.

That still seems to fall foul of the "shebang only recognises one
command argument on some systems" problem described in this thread.
That is, on such systems the recognised shebang command would be
'/usr/bin/env perl\nuse'.

Would '/#!/usr/bin/env perl\nuse\ warnings;' work?

(Leaving aside that this becomes very ugly very quickly.)

--
 \          "One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He |
  `\        said, 'Didn't you see the stop sign?' I said, 'Yeah, but I |