Re: New maintainer checklist

* Kevin Coyner [Mon, 09 May 2005 12:07:40 -0400]:

> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:18:23PM +0200, Adeodato Sim??? wrote......

> >     [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes

> >   As the traffic is obviously too high, I've always had a procmail
> >   rule in place that discards uploads of non-installed packages
> >   (unless explicitly monitored), so it's basically the same than
> >   having apt-listchanges installed.

> Would you mind sharing that procmail rule?  I use apt-listchanges
> presently, but this sounds like a nice way of seeing things as I browse
> through my mail.

  Sure. It's a bit more than complex than necessary because I wanted it
  to be fast, as it is invoked lots of times. I've added some comments
  to explain it a bit:

-----------------------------------8<-------------------------------------------
  :0
    * ^Subject: Accepted \/[^ ]+
    * ? /usr/bin/test -e /var/lib/dpkg/info/$MATCH.list
    $DEBIAN/devel-changes/

      # There is a watchdir to monitor certain packages (still, cheap
      # rule).
      :0 E
      * ? /usr/bin/test -e /home/adeodato/devel/debian/watch/$MATCH
      $DEBIAN/devel-changes/

        # Use grep-status (faster than dpkg) to check the rest.
        :0 E
        * ? /usr/bin/grep-status -X -Fsource $MATCH --and -Fstatus installed -q
        $DEBIAN/devel-changes/

          :0 E
          /dev/null
  }
-----------------------------------8<-------------------------------------------

  Uhm, now that I think of it, the above isn't much of an optimization,
  since grep-status will be called most of the times, for uninstalled
  packages (which are the majority). But *shrug*, I wrote that back in
  the days when I had time to eternally tweak things. ;-)

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The difference between literature and journalism is that journalism is
unreadable and literature is not read.
                -- Oscar Wilde