RFS: celestia - a real-time visual space simulation

Hello

I packaged the current release of celestia (1.3.2). Version 1.3.0 which is
in debian is old and has been removed from sarge because of RC bugs. The
current version contains loads of new features and closes several bugs and
whishlist items.

I'm already maintaining the 3ddesktop package, but celestia is a bit more
complex and I had to change several things because they changed in the new
release, so I guess it'll take some time and work to review it. I want to
make clear that I didn't make the package because I want to have it in sarge,
but because the version in sid is outdated and I like the program.

I'm not quite sure how to fix bug #174456 and I hope that upstream fixed
#303860, but I can't test it because I don't have any sparc boxes.

Packages are available at: http://www.phys.ethz.ch/~mweyland/debian/celestia/

The program is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2

Descriptions:

Package: celestia-common
 These are the datafiles required by Celestia.  They include textures of
 some planets in our solar system, 3DS spacecraft models and a small star
 catalog.

Package: celestia
 Celestia is a real-time visual simulation of space.  Choose a point
 within the Local Group of galaxies, and Celestia will show you an
 approximation of how it would appear to your eyes were you actually
 there.  Some of what Celestia shows is necessarily hypothetical--the
 farther away from Earth you get, the less real data there is and the
 more guesswork is involved.  Thus Celestia supplements observational
 data with good guesses based on models of stellar and planetary
 processes.
 .
 Celestia is unique in its ability to allow you to navigate at an
 immense range of scales.  Orbit a couple kilometers above the surface
 of a tiny, irregular asteroid, then head off towards Jupiter, watching
 it grow from a bright point of light into a looming sphere filling your
 field of vision.  Leave our solar system entirely and observe the sun
 as it fades from a brilliant disk to a bright star, disappearing almost
 entirely as you head off toward the Upsilon Andromeda system to orbit
 around its innermost giant planet.

Package: celestia-gnome
 For a detailed description, please refer to the celestia package.
 .
 The full GTK interface plus a few Gnome integration goodies, such as
 preference saving in GConf.

Package: celestia-glut
 For a detailed description, please refer to the celestia package.
 .
 This is a minimal interface, barebone Celestia core with no toolbar
 or menu.

URLs (I've been told to include this):
upstream: http://www.shatters.net/celestia/
qa overview: http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/celestia.html