Re: New maintainer checklist

Hi Ben,

Ben Finney wrote:
Howdy mentors,

I'm attempting to start my long slide into package maintainership :-)

Welcome :-) I also started this journey some weeks ago, maybe some
hints can help you:

- In addition to the documents below, reading the
  New Maintainers Guide: http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
  is a must

- You should subscribe to debian-devel; this is where development
  and packaging issues are discussed

- The next step in becoming the maintainer for the package
  is probably to issue an ITA (Intent to Adopt) request.

- You can of course already start with creating the debian package,
  put it on a public URL and give that URL in your ITA so that
  others can review it (listening on debian-devel for a while should
  give you an idea how the process works)

- From my own experience: Use a chroot environment like pbuilder
  to check if all build dependencies are met before you provide your
  package for review :-)

HTH,

	Andreas

  - Pick an itch (package) to scratch: lojban-common (bug #302297)
  - Read the Developer's Reference (still going)
  - Read the Debian Policy (slowly going)
  - Read the BTS and PTS documentation
  - Join debian-mentors

What else should I be doing before I embark on getting a package
ready? Does an overall checklist like the above already exist, that I
should be following?