Re: cannot make (my first) debian package

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:22:28PM +0200, Mauro Darida wrote:
> I have written an advanced debian tutorial and decided to try to build a
> debian package from it. I used the pdf format as source and, after reading
> the maintainer stuff, tried to build the package thinking it would be easy
> since there are no dependencies.

You're using PDF as *source*? How come?

[...]

> I cannot proceed form here. I think that probably the problem is that I
> do not have a source code but just a pdf document. All the documentation
> I read was always talking about "source" file and thought it was ok for
> a pdf file also, but I suspect I am wrong.
> So, what is the procedure for building a package for a pdf doc? Did I miss
> something in the maintainer documentation? Or maybe I am just too bold and
> ignorant and have to give up?

Why don't you simply check some packages that contain binary files?

`apt-get source asc-music`

I chose asc-music package cause that's one of my package so I'm sure it
will be similar to yours. Just take a look at rules file and the most
important for you will be dh_install call along with debian/install file.

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland