Re: Source package and kernel dependency

On 4/15/05, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> It is not enough, if you use the "kernel-headers-2.6.8" ?
> These are installed directly, without a tar.gz'

Thanks for the info

I fixed the autoconf scripts in the software I am packaging, so it
does not have checks for the kernel source - only the headers are
checked.

This of cause makes compiling the the thing a no brainer - so my
problem is solved.

I do however have a question related to this: Should I make the
package dependent on a kernel-image such as:

kernel-image-2.6-386

or do debian have some sort of virtual kernel package that I can make
use of to describe that my package depends on a 2.6 kernel to be
installed but not a specific image.

Another possibility would just be to drop any dependency of a specific
kernel image.

Any suggestions/comments will be welcome.

Regards.

Lars Roland.