Re: debian directory included in upstream

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2005.04.12.2222 +0200]:
> It makes sense for software developers to have their own ./debian
> directory so that they can use debian/rules binary to compile and
> test their software while developing it.

Huh? Why not just use ./Makefile?

> What does not make a lot of sense is to release the .tar.gz with
> the ./debian directory, as Steve Halasz said, it's perfectly valid
> to have it in CVS the important point would be to convince them
> not to include it in the release.

I disagree. ./debian is the domain of the Debian maintainer, not of
the upstream. Unless you are developing software *for* *Debian*
(native), there is no reason why you should bother with ./debian at
all.

`. `'`

military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
                                                       -- groucho marx