Re: debian directory included in upstream

also sprach Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> [2005.04.12.2044 +0200]:
> I've tried to explain to him the reasons behind doing
> it the proper way, with a diff file, but I don't think
> I was able to do that too well. Quoting him: "The
> reason I added debian subdirectory is to distribute it
> with the source files."
>
> Any suggestions on how to deal with that?

Tell him that the ./debian directory has no value when the software
is available from the Debian archive and that you need to make
modifications to it frequently. Tell him to remove it from the
upstream tarball, which is how it's done almost everywhere.

`. `'`

"glaube heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche