Re: help with package restricted to specific arches

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 10:33:11AM +0100, Frank K?ster wrote:
>> "Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU> wrote:
>>

>> > http://www.wolffelaar.nl/~jeroen/P-a-s-HOWTO.txt
>> >
>> > The P-a-s maintainers mentioned in that file include LaMont Jones
>> > <lamont@debian.org> and James Troup <james@nocrew.org> among others.
>>
>> Is there a role account for that, and what's their name?  It seems
>> LaMont isn't listed on http://www.de.debian.org/intro/organization.
>
> As said in that document, P-a-s is a tool to reduce buildd's wasting
> time on certain packages. It is *not* a way to prevent certain
> architectures to end up in the archive per se, make sure your package
> fails to build in some way if it's unsuiteable on a certain
> architecture.

I know - I think I did not only read your document, but also understood
it.

> As such, it isn't a that important file for maintainers.

Well, yes, but they should nevertheless inform the right people.  I'm
currently writing a patch for the developer's reference (and wanted to
ask you anyway whether I could use your text as a basis).  I think in
the developers reference it would be much better to have a role defined
there, not single persons - they might change, or simply others might be
added.

So does your answer mean that there is no role account, and not even a
name for the role?  Or is there something sensible that I can write?

TIA, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich