Re: RFS: x-no-session-manager - restore default X behavior with gnome/kde installed

Hi

On Qui, 2005-02-03 at 13:54 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> The advantage of having this as package is that
>
> 'update-alternatives --config x-session-manager'
>
> will show you 3 options now: gnome, kde and none. Having to tweak the
> alternative manually to something non executable but existing requires
> insight knowledege into the alternatives system and xfree86-common
> that a normal user wouldn't have. Installing the package is simple,
> effective and can be done in automatic installations, e.g. via FAI.

I see your point and I agree, but I don't think this should be put in a
separate package. Sounds very kludgy.
The "none" option could be included with X itself, this way you'd be
able to use the alternatives system without the need for a hack and the
setting would persist.

This could be a wishlist bug for X.

Cheers

--