Re: RFS: x-no-session-manager - restore default X behavior with gnome/kde installed

On Thursday 03 February 2005 01.54, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> As you can see the package is tiny. All it does is provide a dummy
> alternative for x-session-manager that is _not_executable_ so the

I think this should not be a package at all - it is really just a
configuration, as it's really trivial to configure the alternatives system
so that x-session-manager is a dangling symlink or something other that
won't run (set it to /tmp/no-session-manager)

I can't see the advantage of having one update-alternatives commandline
packaged. (We might as well start to package things like 'prefer kdm over
gdm' or 'run ls in the users' home directory at package installation' ;-)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * The Alexis de Toqueville Institue *