Re: RFS[2]: cpufrequtils (comments on packaging also welcome)

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:59:38AM +0100, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Friday 07 January 2005 22:03, Mattia Dongili wrote:
[...]
> > Hopefully many of the existing cpufreq related daemons will soon use
> > the provided library (cpufreqd is migrating at least).
>
> Any comment from the cpudyn upstream yet?

No, I've seen a patch to migrate cpuspeed but that tool is not in Debian
(yet?)

[...]
> > Last but not least comments on packaging are welcome. :)
>
> o why not libcpufreq0-dev as suggested at
>   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html
>   At least with libcpufreq1 you will need something like libcpufreq1-dev
>   otherwise one can't build pkg depending on libcpufreq0 interface anymore

Actually reading one ot the latest topics on d-devel[1] I'm pretty
convinced that having only one -dev package is better. Also, I'm
upstream for cpufreqd so I can keep it up-to-date and I like coding:
patches for outdated pkgs will floooow :)

[1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/01/msg00623.html
      or better

> o AUTHOR, NEWS file isn't included.  Btw. AUTHOR file and upstream in
>   debian/copyright do not match.  You are too humble ;)

uh :) right (/me turning red)

> o -dev pkg should depend on the libcpufreq0 (= ${Source-Version})
>
> o just wondering: tarball comes precompiled .mo files.  Are they
>   cpu architecture independent?

Hummm, I documented myself a (very) little and I'd say they are... but I
may be plainly wrong, so I'll continue my self documentation on the
subject

> o cpufreq.h is GPL 'V2 or later' no only GPL V2.  Is just
>   'Licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL License version 2' in .c
>   files enough?

I'll ping upstream on this issue.

Thanks for your comments, I'll keep your suggestion for the next pkg
revision

> --
>   To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
>   a koan. Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.
>   You discover truth everytime you use it.
:)
--
mattia
:wq!