Re: rfc:ratpoison

> (cc'd #289743 as this info is important for anyone looking at this bug)
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:45:52PM -0500, Mike O'Connor wrote:
> >   * changed Build-depends from automaken to automake1.4 (Closes: #289743)
>
> If it doesn't work with other automake, you _need_ to make sure this
> won't happen, i.e. invoke automake1.4 explicitely, including
> (disclaimer: following from inperfect memory, I can very well be wrong!)
> probably aclocal-1.4, as otherwise automake-1.4 would invoke whatever
> aclocal version that's preferred, in stead of the 1.4 version.
>
> Just merely depending on automake1.4 will not prevent automake1.7 (for
> example) from being present, and automaking the package.

Yes.  I think i'm ok in this regard.

I have several automake versions installed on my machine and i have the automake alternative pointing to automake1.9 currently and this package builds fine that way.

The Makefile that is created by configure contains this definition:

AUTOMAKE = automake-1.4

Thanks,
mike