Re: RFS: kst: A KDE data analysis program

On Friday 27 August 2004 06:35, Mark Hymers wrote:
> On Sun, 22, Aug, 2004 at 09:48:17AM -0600, Wesley J Landaker spoke
> thus..
>
> > I'm willing to sponsor it once I can get it to build cleanly. That
> > might mean waiting a bit for some of the kde dependancies to
> > trickle into unstable, but if you drop me a reminder to try again,
> > I'll give it another look over and help you get it uploaded.

> There is a KDE NMU in incoming at the moment which fixes the
> libopenexr issue.  Could you offer me one piece of advice?  Should I
> make the Build-Depends on kdelibs4 versioned (i.e. kdelibs4 (>>
> 3.3.0-1.1)) to make sure buildds don't waste time trying to do it
> with 3.3.0-1? According to my reading of policy 7.1, this is allowed
> [the parentheses should contain a relation from the list below
> followed by a version number, in the format described in Version,
> Section 5.6.11.].  I wasn't sure whether I could include a debian
> revision in the versioned depends but it looks like it to me (looking
> at 5.6.11).

I'm pretty sure you can, but do you really need to? I would think this
would only be necessary if kdelibs4 3.3.0-1 and 3.3.0-1.1 are binary
incompatible. If you know or believe that they are, go ahead and add
the dependancy for 3.3.0-1.1 or greater, but that's not necessary in
general.

> Once I've done that and tested, I'll upload final versions of the
> package.

Sounds good; posts the links to your packages when you feel that they're
ready and I'll take a look at them. Unfortunately, like a quantum
particle, I'll be popping in and out of existance this week, but I
should have time to look over your package and sponsor the upload if
there are no problems in the next day or two. =)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>